Yoga should be accessible to every body
For five years, I taught full-time at underserved senior community centers in Toronto. When I moved to Guelph in 2013, I quickly realized that there weren't equivalent, affordable programs here.
My "Yoga for Every body", philosophy means that yoga should be safe, affordable, accessible, and beneficial for everybody, regardless of age or fitness levels.
This means I believe in:
- Yoga that promotes inclusivity and honours body-positive practices.
- Yoga that prioritizes sharing ideas and expanding awareness over making a profit.
- Yoga that transcends confinement and offers freedom from conventional yoga studio approaches.
- And ultimately, yoga that suits, supports, and strengthens you.
My goals are to:
- Strip away unnecessary barriers to yoga.
- Encourage introspection and personal observation as measurement tools.
- Lead safe, effective, responsible movements for all body types and fitness levels, and ages.
- Inspire people to engage with improvement efforts and recognize achievements.
- Certified Body Harmonics Pilates Instructor
- Certified in Ashtanga, Hawtha, Classic, Hot, and Restoritive Yoga
- Nearly finished degree in Kinesiology at York University, top of class
- See my complete list of qualifications here: Celia Payne Resume