Celia Payne: Senior Teacher, Older Adult Specialist
Serving Saanich, Victoria, Esquimalt, and Online Communities
Pilates, Five styles of Yoga, Body Mechanics, and Kinesiology
Corporate classes, Custom programs, Group & private classes
Recorded at a community centre in Toronto in 2013.
Functional Movement, Pilates, and Yoga should be accessible to every body.
For five years, I taught full-time at underserved senior community centres in Toronto. When I moved to Guelph in 2013, I quickly realized that there weren’t equivalent, affordable classes there, so I created programs and was awarded the city’s Accessibility Award in 2016. I brought functional movement to seniors in Guelph until the Covid Pandemic closed everything in 2020.
I have now moved to Saanich, bordering Victoria. I am here to stay and I am ready to contribute to the community.
My “Functional Movement for Every Body” philosophy means that Pilates, yoga, and fitness should be safe, affordable, accessible, and beneficial for everybody, regardless of age or fitness levels.
This means I believe in:
– Promoting inclusivity and honouring body-positive practices.
– Prioritizing sharing ideas and expanding awareness over making a profit.
– Offering alternatives to conventional studio practices.
– A practice that suits, supports, and strengthens you.
My goals are to:
– Strip away barriers to Pilates, yoga, and functional movement.
– Encourage introspection and personal observation as measurement tools.
– Lead safe, effective, responsible classes for all body types, fitness levels, and ages.
– Inspire people to engage with improvement efforts and recognize achievements.
– Certified Body Harmonics Pilates Instructor with a specialized certification in Vertical Pilates.
– Certified in Ashtanga, Hawtha, Classic, Hot, and Restorative Yoga.
– Completed Kinesiology degree with studies at both Seneca College and York University, top of class.
– I am insured and my CPR / First Aid qualifications are up-to-date.
See my complete list of qualifications here: Celia Payne Resume